The D.K.College was founded on June 26, 1956 by a rich and kind-hearted lady named “Dharichhana Kuri” in her own village Dumri, 10 Km. north of Dumraon railway station. The generous lady donated Rs. 2,61,000/- in cash and twenty Bighas of land to give a shape to her dream of degree college in a rural and educationally backward area to impart education to the students belonging to poor & downtrodden families. It was really a revolutionary educational explosion at that time. But unfortunately, she left for her heavenly abode on December 19, 1956. The College became orphan after her death. For survival, the college had to struggle hard and change its location from Dumri to Purana Bhojpur and then to Dumraon. The struggle continued until shifted to its own campus situated between Dumraon Railway Station and Naya Bhojpur Village. It has now the glory of being one of the D. K. COLLEGE, DUMRAON (VEER KUNWAR SINGH UNIVERSITY, ARA) 2017 SELF STUDY REPORT Page 13 of 215 prestigious constituent colleges of Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara.